Christian Dior inspired gemstone Cuff DIY

Oct 10, 2012


I saw the above image on Pinterest from the Christian Dior Spring '13 Paris runway show
&...
well, the DIY-er in me could not resist taking a stab at it.


 the supplies:

clear vinyl (8 gauge)
- F.Y.I. I used an old vinyl beach bag I never use anymore-
self adhesive gemstones
snaps
glue

*all found at Hobby Lobby*

how-to:
1. cut strips from the vinyl 
(as wide as you like, but make sure to measure your wrist for the length)
2. mark where you will be placing the snaps 
(on both ends of the strips)
3. cut little holes on the marks you made
4. with a dab of glue, place the snaps in the holes and let dry for a bit
5. time to bling them up! 
(I had to glue some of them to make sure they stayed)

That's that. 
It's not Dior, but it is sparkly! ;)
I like that they can be dressed up or down too...
always good to have a versatile accessory.



Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Very cute! Especially like the clear crystal version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo cute camille!!! way to give dior a run for their moolah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude- I'm way impressed! I have short arms (not like, T-Rex short, just slightly teenie) and so any thick cuff makes me look like Conan the Barbarian or something. But these are totally girlie and I think I could pull them off. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo this is too cute! I love it!

    Amberly
    www.asliceofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great job! I will def have to try this and will show you the result!

    xoxo

    eelsay

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome, Camille!!! I think you should host some sort of awesome craft making party, and make awesome stuff like this.. a bunch of girls making cool stuff, making friends and drinking wine :)
    Whitley
    www.thequeencitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, I LOVE this! Seriously, yours looks like the Christian Dior one! You are so talented, Camille! And what a great idea to use the vinyl from an old purse!
    Happy weekend!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!!! Just pinned it so I can remember to try and make my own! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Cheers! I am going through comments and cannot remember if I responded to your comment via e-mail. Thank you, Jessie!

      Delete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover